While authentic slate shingles have been the roofing material of choice for centuries, the beauty of authentic slate comes at a high cost. It’s expensive to quarry, heavy to lift for transport and installation, fragile to cut and nail, and cracks easily once installed.
Synthetic slate shingles are specially made to resemble the look of natural slate. They provides excellent weathering capabilities combined with exceptional UV fade-resistant surface color technology. Made from combinations of plastic and rubber, synthetic slate is designed to mirror the beauty and uniqueness of authentic rock slate without the expense or installation headaches.
Here’s a look at the benefits of synthetic slate:
- Synthetic slate is considered a “green” building alternative
- Synthetic slate shingles are more durable than authentic slate
- Synthetic slates also have the highest fire-resistance rating
- Synthetic slate typically have a 50-year warranty
- Synthetic slate has a 90 mph wind resistance rating
- Synthetic slate is rated with a Class 4 impact resistance
Ben Hill Roofing is the premier source for Douglasville synthetic tile roof. For more information on any of the BHR Roofing Systems, call or click to schedule a free consultation with one of our highly trained commercial roofing experts.